(Networking Technology Management & Administration)
Now, with the collaboration between Colombo Institute of Graduate Studies (Sri Lanka) and Cornell Institute of Business and Technology (New Zealand), our students will have the opportunity to complete the first year in Sri Lanka at CIGS and save 90% on the tuition fees. Complete the second year studies at CIBT, New Zealand and become eligible for Graduate Job Search visa as per current student visa policy by INZ. (Terms & Conditions apply)
Striving on its mission of “Provides highly recognized and professional education by highly skilled and qualified tutors meeting industry and student needs” CIBT subscribes to the philosophy that education should be made available to all the students, who have a wide range of milieu; from beginners to advance industry experience to study computing, based on a practical teaching environment.
The convocation ceremony will be held in New Zealand.
Why study with CIBT?
- CIBT programs are designed by industry experts, academia and professional bodies and are approved by the New Zealand Qualification Authority (NZQA).
- CIBT staff provides a friendly and supportive learning environment.
- Dedicated software and hardware laboratories.
- Lecturers with industry experience.
- International industry recognition.
- Pathway to Level 7 Diploma in I.T. (Networking Technology Management) qualification at CIBT, New Zealand.
The aim of this program is to deliver a coherent progression of Networking and Administration knowledge for learners with no prior computing background. This program will enable them to support existing systems, administer Network Server systems, build, optimize and manage complex commercial computing networks and network server systems.
At the time of their graduation, the students will be capable of working through the autonomy in managing these systems. The Diploma offers an opportunity to acquire Cisco and Microsoft certifications.
- To upgrade knowledge, skills and competency of the IT industry.
- Work effectively with minimal assistance in the management of large enterprise networks.
- Contribute to decision-making related to the optimization and implementation of enterprise networks
- Work within an environment which utilizes routing and computer network technologies manufactured by major international network vendors.
- Become both CISCO and Microsoft certified engineer
- Progress to more advanced programs which explore the design and management of complex and sophisticated network systems
Core Subjects @ CIGS- (Year 1)
|Introduction to Information Technology
|The Fundamentals of Computer Networks
|Client Operating System
|Help Desk Support
|Fundamentals of PC Architecture
|Server Administration & Configuration
|Applications Platform Configuration
Core Subjects @ CIBT- (Year 2)
|ITIL Server Management Practices
|Building & Administering Med Size Networks I
|Building & Administering Med Size Networks II
|Building Enterprise Networks
|Building Multilayer Switched Networks
|Building Secure wide Area Networks
|Optimizing Converged Networks (voice)
Year 1 offers a student the opportunity to take the following industry certification exams:
- CompTIA A+ Certification
- Network Fundamentals (CompTIA Network+)
- MCTS: Windows 7, Configuration
- MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuration
- MCTS: Windows Server 2008, Server Administrator
- MCTS: Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, Configuration
- GCE O/L and GCE A/L ( Local or London)
- Other academic qualifications.
- Completion of foundation program for O/L completed students.
Benefits of Studying in New Zealand
- New Zealand qualifications are internationally recognized and accepted all over the world.
- Education system is based on practical teaching environment.
- New Zealand qualifications are governed and quality assured by New Zealand Qualification Authority (NZQA).
- Fee Protection system through Public Trust Account.
- Opportunities for work permits (Graduate Job Search Visa) after completion of studies.
- Part time work authority during studies.
- Demand for I.T. professionals in the growing I.T. Industry in New Zealand.